Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

RJ Response 2.2

Oops! I'll Do It Again. And Again. And Again ... , by James Bowman

      It's a great argument whether or not we students should be able to take a placement exam as many times as possible, and take the best grade. Personally, I believe that we SHOULD be able to, for many reasons. First, historically, human kind has never just had one chance to do something great. It's a quote that Thomas Edison created 99 ways how not to make a light bulb and only 1 way to make it right. Looking at a broader scale of things, evolution generally works this way, too: a species is a sum of all of its accomplishments. To bring this back down to specifics, I personally took the SAT three different times. I took the SAT before I took the recommended math courses, and after I took those classes. Of course, the latter test had better scores, getting me higher scholarships. I believe that this is perfectly fair.

9/19/2010

1 comment: