Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

RJ Response 3

Discovering the Truth: The operation of Ethos in Anti-Smoking Advertising, by Rebecca Feldman

      I already knew before I read this that advertisements heavily use literary and persuasive elements to sway the audience in some way. I confirmed my knowledge after reading this rhetorical analysis. Personally, I ignore ads in any form, whether they are trying to get me to smoke and drink or not to. In fact, advertisement is one of the only things I hate about a free-market economy. The best advertisement that I've found is researching something that you are going to buy before you buy it. By cross-referencing different sellers and reading reviews submitted by owners,  I believe an average person can make the most informed decision based on their needs. Advertisement was never involved in this process.

9/28/10

1 comment: